Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Thing 05: Audio Tools

I am very excited to explore more audio tools. As a music teacher, I am always looking for new and exciting ways to get my students to record themselves for self reflection and for formal assessment. Right now, I use SmartMusic (google chrome & subscription based) and Audacity for recording. The one complaint about SmartMusicis that it only works with Google Chrome or iPad. Many students want to use their phone. I explored Vocaroo, and made a test recording (https://vocaroo.com/i/s03xXkRYWuAF) but then realized it did not work for recording on smartphones.
I also tried some of Mrs. Carpenters items from her Cool Tools blog. I tried Clyp on my iPhone. What confused me was that it kept asking me for my location and then gave me access to other Clyp files in my area. This was concerning, as I don't want this to happen to my student's audio recordings, nor do I want them to be distracted by other random recordings (it started playing me police dispatch audio clips as soon as I opened the app).

1 comment:

  1. How about trying FlipGrid? I know it's meant to be a video tool, but it seems it would work for recording their music, and it could record a video of them recording at the same time.

    ReplyDelete