Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Thing 06: Digital Storytelling

I decided to use sharalike because I liked how it could be used across platforms. I used my iPhone and my laptop computer. I did run into many difficulties. After allowing access to my photos on my iPhone, it would only let me choose one photo whereas I have hundreds of photos saved on my phone. So I decided to take a couple of test photos around my house. I added them to the slideshow and let the app select the music for me (I liked this feature). Then, I previewed the slide show. It looked great. When I went to save & export, I decided to use the link (https://sharalike.com/s/rD99). It shows by slideshow on the app, but when using the link, I just see the words "oops the image is not available" in place of all the images. The music does still play. I tried going through all the steps again and got the same result. The app was not intuitive to use and seemed to have a lot of difficulties (I am still not able to see any of the pictures I have taken on my phone).

I did enjoy some of the articles posted in this section, like "6 Reasons you should be doing digital storytelling with your students". I liked when the author compared the steps of digital storytelling to the steps of writing:
  • Brainstorm
  • Plan
  • Create
  • Revise
  • Edit
  • Publish
  • Reflect
It really got me thinking about how I can incorporate some of these activities into my music classroom. 

1 comment:

  1. Darn, it does look like sharalike might be dead. :( I just tried to create something and no luck. Made a note on the Cool Tools page. Sorry you had a hard time doing the assignment, but thanks for sharing, I wouldn't have known it was broken otherwise.

    ReplyDelete